Sunday, February 24, 2013

What To Expect?

 If you are like me, you're probably thinking, "Why do a blog? Do we really need another blog?" Truth be known, I started keeping a journal in the early 70's until, a friend told me I was crazy to put all my thoughts on paper. Being easily influenced back then, I stopped. Being an avid reader, I have always thought I had a book or two in me but have not disciplined myself to write. My author friends have asked, "How much do you write each day?" My answer until now, "None."
 This is an attempt to change that. I can't promise that it will be a daily blog but I will try to blog as I experience and learn new things. 
 What is the blog about??? Who knows? God has blessed me with a full and exciting life some of which I wish I could do over, but God has worked in my life in spite of these longed for do-overs and has made me the man I am today. This blog may be about earlier experiences in my life and how now looking back to where I came from, I see the principles I violated, the consequences of my choices (good and bad), and the life lessons I have learned from these experiences.
 I will at times write about my hobbies. I have been an avid autograph collector for 32 years and have over 4,000 signed 8x10's, in addition to signed books, magazines and memorabilia. While those are neat and interesting, the back story of how I got them and the people I met is more interesting. I also think the stories of the autographs I could have gotten but didn't will be of interest. This hobby has led to becoming friends with many actors, writers and other "celebrities."
 Being an avid reader and a collector of signed first editions, I may blog about a book I like or have just read.
 I teach a senior men's Sunday School class at First Baptist Jonesboro so I may blog about how God is working in the lives of the members of our class and how God is using them all. They are all special men and I love them all. I will at times blog about our church, the activities that go on there and how God is doing a great work through His church in Jonesboro.
 I was born in 1952 and grew up watching Tarzan, Superman, Davy Crockett, The Time Tunnel, The Monkees (I became friends with Davy and Mickey) and other great shows. I miss the 1960's so, I may blog about simpler days.
 I will try to keep this blog fun, interesting, at times humorous and thought provoking. Please pass on any comments, suggestions and questions.
 All that said, I will post the first real blog tonight or tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment